What can you do to ensure that your child’s attendance is the best it can be?
- Ensure your child is on the school site at 8:30am.
- Send your child to school even if they’re feeling a little under the weather. We will send them home if we need to.
- Contact the school every day your child is absent and provide medical evidence where needed:
- Year 7 – Mrs X. Hookings – 02380 475968
- Year 8 & 9 – Mrs W.Francis – 02380 475978
- Year 10 & 11 – Mrs A. Sharples – 02380 475953
- Book all medical appointments after 2:40pm. If the only appointment available are during the school day, please bring them to school either before the appointment or straight after.
- Do not book family holidays during term time.
- Immediately contact your child’s pastoral team if there is a reason why your child does not want to come to school.
- Attend any meetings/information sessions that you are invited to.
- Check your child’s planner weekly and familiarise yourself with their attendance.
- Ensure the school has up to date phone numbers and (e-mail) addresses.
At Woodlands your child’s attendance at school is a priority. You can see from the diamond opposite – if attendance is below 97% your child is at risk of underachievement.
As a parent you are legally expected to send your child to school daily.
You will be committing an offence if you fail to send you child to school regularly and punctually.